UNITE INDIA FORUM
C/o. Bombay Sarvodaya Mandal, 299 Tardeo Road, Nana Chowk, Mumbai 400007.
We the following citizens of India, with full commitment to the values of Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, Non-violence and secularism wish to firmly state the following about the assassination of Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi
1. Nathram Godse, the assassin of Gandhi was a member of RSS. His statement in the Court that he had left RSS was false. So RSS is responsible for murder of Gandhi. We affirm that this point was stated by Sardar Vallabh bhai Patel and Vinoba Bhave.
2. As credit of good work by RSS volunteers is taken by RSS, the blame of Gandhi murder should also is on RSS.
3. The Hindutva ideology of RSS is opposed to the inclusive Indian nationalism of Gandhi. RSS wants to build the nation based on the violence, which was done in the name of religion. It is a fascist organization believing in violence. Majority of people including Hindus supported Gandhi’s ideology and RSS did not get support from the masses. Infuriated by this RSS and its like-minded organizations spread the venom the culmination of which was the murder of father of the nation. So we state that RSS should own the responsibility of Gandhi murder.
4. We wish to tell fellow citizens that Nations cannot be built on the basis of religion or violence anywhere in the World. ...
5. The murder of Gandhi was an attempt to finish his values of Indian nationalism. We state that ideologies cannot be finished by physical murders.
6. The ideology which killed Gandhi is trying to opportunistically use his name and is trying to wash off the act of his murder. We feel that it is the responsibility of all of us believing in Indian nationalism to foil this attempt by RSS.
7. The values of Liberty, Equality, fraternity and secularism are an inherent part of Indian Constitution. We underline our firm believe that having faith in these values is Nationalism and opposing these values is anti-Nationalism. Today India faces the dangers from those who are espousing nationalism in the name of religion.
Ram Puniyani Vijay Diwan Dr. Vivek Korde
Convener Convener Convener
We endorse above statement:
1) Mr. Kumar Ketkar, Sr. Journalist
2) Dr. Kumar Saptarshi, President, Maharashtra Gandhi Smarak Nidhi
3) Dr. Ratnakar Mahajan, Ex. Chairman, Planning Commission, Maharashtra State
4) Mr. Vilas Muttemwar, Ex. MP (Rajyasabha)
5) Mrs. Vidya Chavan, MLC
6) Mr. Jayant Diwan