Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Burma: NUG Government and AA Arakan Army hold talks

 

A group of NUG leaders and a group led by AA Commander-in-Chief General Tun Myat Naing met online on January 5, a reliable source told RFA. The meeting was attended by NUG cabinet ministers and the Rakhine National League for Democracy. The Arakan Army (ULA / AA) said that the current situation was openly discussed among the members of the Central Executive Committee. Among the issues discussed were the future prospects of the Rakhine people; Rights of ethnic nationalities; The permanent overthrow of the dictatorship; The NUG community says it is a progressive forum that includes topics on how AA and NUG can work together. It is also the second official meeting between NUG and AA.

 

Pe Than, a veteran Rakhine politician, said the military council was inevitably giving the Arakan Army a place. The Rakhine people know the true nature of the dictators. He said the meeting was possible.

"The ULA / AA has a lot of influence in our state. That is why the last Nasaka lost. The whole people had to make peace with the organization behind it. So far, even though the ULAA has been dissatisfied with the administration, the judiciary, and the collection of taxes, they have not resorted to military action at all. It means that we build peace with mutual understanding. This is the situation in our state. I do not know exactly because I did not discuss with NUG. But I can assume that we will discuss with NUG. Because building peace with Nasaka is in his own interest. This is not a problem if both sides' interests are mutually beneficial. If his interests are harmedFighting can happen again at any time. It can endanger real people. Nasaka is the one who can make ULA / AA difficult and difficult. "So I think he can come together politically with the NUG, the CRPH and the NUCC, which are made up of people's representatives."

A captain who joined the opposition against the military council criticized the NUG and AA talks as a major blow to the military council.

"At a critical juncture in the revolution, I think they are working with the right ethnic groups to move forward quickly. I see this as a meeting to move quickly to a rapid movement. The AA is a strong group among the ethnic groups. If they hear that AA has met with NUG, it will be a huge loss for them.

In the current situation, Pe Than said, the NUG needs to strengthen its military.

"Politically, NUG is moving forward as an international diplomat. But NUG is not as strong militarily as Nasaka. With some support, the public is almost certain to join NUG. This side will use all its strength to protect their lives and property. This battle will therefore intensify. The people will be severely affected and their lives will be lost and their businesses will be ruined. How to do it? There is no reason for the talks to take place. I have a lot of numbness in my legs and feet. International pressure does not matter. The spirit of the people is both hateful and disgusting of the military dictatorship. The people will help the revolutionary forces when the opportunity arises. A period of time"I understand there is a situation that needs to be overcome."

He also said that cooperation between the ethnic armed groups and the NUG could improve.

"I do not think the relationship between the EAOs and the military council can be further improved. The extent to which the NUG and the EAOs can be reconciled and how much they can cooperate depends on how far the NUG can draw up a constitutional and dignified constitution and work with dignity." "I think if we really give federal freedom freely, there will be no real union without secession."

"I think it is important that all ethnic groups work together to fight the common enemy, the military dictatorship."

Aung Myint (Bogale), a human rights activist, also criticized the military junta, which is a common enemy, if all ethnic groups unite.

"I think the meeting between AA and NUG is a positive sign if we agree to join forces with the common enemy to end the military dictatorship in Burma.

Both NUG and AA have not officially commented on the talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Susan Sarandon says she still loses film roles over support for Palestine

  Susan Sarandon says she still loses film roles over support for Palestine | Gaza | Al Jazeera Susan Sarandon says she still loses film rol...