Monday, August 17, 2026

Why Kushner met Hamas leaders, and what it means for Trump’s Gaza roadmap

 United States envoy Jared Kushner is set to meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday for high-stakes talks in Tel Aviv, following intensive diplomatic sessions in Cairo, Egypt, aimed at advancing the second phase of the Gaza ceasefire roadmap.

Kushner, accompanied by Board of Peace Director-General Nickolay Mladenov and former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, held an unprecedented meeting lasting more than two hours with a Hamas delegation. The Reuters news agency reported that Hamas leader Khalil al-Hayya headed the team. 

The diplomatic push comes as Washington seeks to implement a 15-point roadmap for Gaza — approved by US President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace.

Click here to read more: Why Kushner met Hamas leaders, and what it means for Trump’s Gaza roadmap | Israel-Palestine conflict News | Al Jazeera

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dead: The last act of death is not mortality but the erasure of memory by Chris Hedges

Death comes faster than we imagine. It robs us of all that is most precious. I carry these dead with me. I will carry them until I, too, dep...