Monday, August 17, 2026

Israel’s religious right is changing the state from within

In Israel, ultra-Orthodox and religious-nationalist forces are wielding growing political influence over questions that reach far beyond their traditional constituencies: gender segregation, religious education, rabbinical authority, the relationship between religious and civil law, and the meaning attached to settlement and territorial control.

Their growing influence raises a broader question about religious fundamentalism and democratic power: what happens when fundamentalist forces do not need to overthrow the state because they can use its existing institutions to reshape it from within?

 To read more, click here: Israel’s religious right is changing the state from within | Opinions | Al Jazeera

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dead: The last act of death is not mortality but the erasure of memory by Chris Hedges

Death comes faster than we imagine. It robs us of all that is most precious. I carry these dead with me. I will carry them until I, too, dep...