Monday, August 17, 2026

US-Iran Memorandum of Understanding expires: How and why it fell apart

 The June 17 Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the United States and Iran expired on Monday amid faltering talks between the two sides. While full-scale fighting has been paused for the time being, the war on Iran, which began on February 28, is far from resolved.

The Islamabad-brokered MoU was supposed to kick-start a 60-day period for peace talks between the two sides and included provisions for the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, which has become a major flashpoint in the war.

To read more, click here: US-Iran Memorandum of Understanding expires: How and why it fell apart | Conflict News | Al Jazeera

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dead: The last act of death is not mortality but the erasure of memory by Chris Hedges

Death comes faster than we imagine. It robs us of all that is most precious. I carry these dead with me. I will carry them until I, too, dep...