Monday, September 14, 2026

What I Would Have to Say to Donald Trump by Tom Engelhardt

 Let me imagine that, at some future moment, I might be ushered into the presence of President Donald J. Trump and the question would then be: What in the world would I have to say to him? Keep in mind that this would be after he had renamed the former Lake America (once, of course, Lake Ontario) Lake Trump, the former Gulf of America (once, of course, the Gulf of Mexico) the Gulf of Trump, and the former Ocean America (once the Atlantic Ocean) Ocean Trump. (Okay, Ocean America hasn’t happened quite yet, but don’t for a moment think that it won’t, sooner or later.)

As a start, I would certainly want to say as politely as possible: “Just in case no one has told you yet, sir, you are a genuine self-aggrandizing maniac.”

And I have no doubt that he would smile back at me all too proudly.

Click here to read the full essay: What I Would Have to Say to Donald Trump - CounterPunch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imad Hamad remembers 9/11

  Personal Reflection — September 11, Twenty‑Five Years Later Imad Hamad is  the Executive Director of the Dearborn, Michigan-based American...